Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Voice of Silence


Life is so boring. There is nothing happening. I need a change; something different so that I can shout at the top of my voice that I am alive. - I say this many a times.

We want events in our life to be sure that we are not dead. Monotone bothers us. Silence kills us.

Ever been scared of silence ? I have been sometimes. Scared to death; frantically searching my phonebook to find numbers to call. Though chirpiness is in my blood; but off late I realised I have been using it to escape from silence.

I decided to face my fear of silence head on, tried to go to depths of why silence kills.

Silence told me what I needed and not what I wanted. And to be able to hear to silence; to acknowledge it and to accept the reality was indeed tough.

Silence gives you the answers of all the questions that have been haunting you. You like the answers or you deny them; you cant manipulate them. In silence you hear what GOD has to say to you or in other words its the person in the mirror who talks to you and shows you who you are.

Silence for once helps you shun all the noises; of what others are saying; of what the world wants from you; and helps you to be yourself.

There are times, when the entire world is up against you; questioning your every step; mocking at everything you do and suddenly you start believing it. Silence tells you whether they are right or you are right. When you have silence's approval; nothing can beat you.

There are times when you defend your every move; justify it and prove it to be right. Silence brings the light where you can see whether you actually made a mistake. Silence brings you the guilt of what shouldn't have been done and regret of what could have been done.Once you acknowledge the guilt and regret; silence helps you forgive yourself.

There were days when I would go to CCD/Barista alone to enjoy Cold Coffee and a novel alongside. I was at peace with myself. Somewhere I lost this peace and messed up. Rediscovering myself through silence has given me a new lease of life. Now I dont have to pick up my cell-phone when I am alone and use the excuse I'mgetting bored. Now I pick up my phone only when I need to talk. :)

There is nobody in this world who would be honest with you; its just you yourself who has to be your critic.


AAArrrghhh... so much on silence; when words should have been less. What an Irony :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your heart