Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Picture Perfect Wedding




I don't believe that strongly in the institution of marriage; though I do get a high when I hear people vowing to spend their lives together. But personally I shudder at the very thought of the M word...

So I'l just talk of a WEDDING. Wedding as Wiki defines it
 "is the ceremony in which two people are united in marriage. " In India a wedding is celebrated with great pomp. There is this vanity to it which no-one can escape. Though I detest the idea of dowry and pleasing the long lost relatives but I feel there is no harm in dwelling in some ostentation if it suits you5r budget. After all a wedding come once in a lifetime for a person (hopefully); so why not make it a day to remember.

If at all I get married; I would wish my wedding to be a DREAM one.

I would prefer a thematic wedding.

Starting of with the invitation cards - The invitation would be sent only to very close relatives and friends whom I want to be a part of my happiness. A red linen cloth with the entire programme written in golden embroidery ; wrapping an artistically chiseled wooden block would be sent to the special people in my life. A small box wrapped in golden wrapper with kaju-pan barfi would grace the invitation.

My wedding dress - It has to be gorgeous and I have to look like a queen. It would be a combination of pink and silver. The lehenga would be slightly fitted at the waist with huge flares at the bottom. It would be in two layers; the lower layer would be plain pink satin. The upper layer would be a silver net embroidery in the floral pattern. The silver colored - with design in self- choli would be perfectly fitted with a deep neck at the back. A pink duppatta with a thin silver border and silver embroidery in form of rain drops thrown lavishly all across the dupatta would grace my head.

The make up would be minimal. Hair tied in bun covered by the dupatta. Light pink lipstick ( a shade lighter than my dress ) and lips glossed moderately. Natural eye shadow with a pinkish tone and mascara for a defining look for the lashes would be used to decorate my dreamy eyes. No rouge or foundation would be used to keep the look natural.

The jewellery would be elegant in platinum. Long platinum earrings with a small pink stone. And a platinum necklace to adorn my neck. It wont be too bold. Of course there would be red choora for the traditional punjabi bride. And high heeled metallic silver sandals to carry the beauty.

The Ambiance - It would be simple and subtle. The dais would be decorated in flowers ; white lilies and red chrysanthemums. The sofas would be white in color with a red ribbon to decorate them. Sofas would be on the either sides of the dais. In a separate portion there would be dining tables covered with white and red patterned cloth surrounded by similar patterned chair with white and red playing the opposite part in design. The "vedi - for pheras" would be traditional . Decorated with flowers and bells. There would be a mustard colored carpet surrounding the vedi. The seats on the vedi would be in the lighter shade of orange.

Music wont be too loud. Soothing romantic numbers throughout the evening would be great. Followed by the DJ who plays a healthy mix of songs; with punjabi songs played occasionally; or else I'l dance throughout my wedding.

The cuisine -

There would be stalls of pao-bhaji, golgappa , paneer roll and chana-kulcha for the evening hunger.

For starters I would prefer pasta , garlic bread , tomato/corn soups.
 
Essentially punjabi cuisine - makki ki roti , sarson ka saag, mirch ka achar , makkhan and gurr. Apart from that there would be rajma , kadhi, pulao, lassi and lots of fruits. Optionally there would be kadhai paneer, naan and roti, rayta and mixed sabzi.

No chinese would be allowed ; because I dont like it. ( And I havent tasted other cuisines apart from south-indian so my imagination struggles at this point ;) )

For the desserts : Gulab- Jamun and Rasgulla accompanied by chocolate truffle and fresh fruit cake. There would be mango, butter-scotch and coffee flavored ice-cream. No vanilla and strawberry please.

During the lanwa-pheras guests would be served with coffee / tea and low-cal snacks.

There would be a red-colored Doli adorned with roses to take me to the black camry decorated with red and white flowers. ( I know black is not considered auspicious; but thats the way I like it :) )
Guests wont be given any gifts; as its my wedding so I am supposed to be blessed with gifts ; plus we have been good hosts and have treated them good enough.


PS : All this will come true only if I get my DREAM-MAN
plus I have saved enough money :P for the picture perfect wedding :P :P

Whosoever reads this Please pray for me (in that order) :)

P.P.S. This post belongs to my previous blog; and some facts dont hold true now... I firmly believe in marriage and now I dont shudder at M word :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your heart